Tuesday, December 27, 2011

For Her


I could hear every groan of misery coming from him and it stabbed me more each time he uttered my name. The tears of him that showed every sign of pain brought me into such infinite distress. He was right in front of me yet I could never have the chance to touched him again and feel the love we almost had shared. Then he looked at me along with his tear-drenched eyes, I chose to close our little gap as I stepped closer. Another tear fell running along his cheeks and another throbbing pain grew inside me that I found myself weakening. His eyes eventually turned to my coffin. I bet he saw the first gift he had given me few years back. It was a ring with his name embossed on it. His glistening eyes went glassier as he showed up a paper and he started reading it softly.

“The most joyful days of my life all happened each time I’m with you. You’ve been a great best friend all along. But I’m changing my mind now…because I want to be those joyful days to be the rest of my life with you not as my best friend but my wife.” 

I tried hard to reach and touch him...but I just couldn’t. I continued watching him. I took my steps farther and soon enough, I’m gone ...for good.

***
That letter was written by him a day before she died and THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY HIS WEDDING VOW...FOR HER.


0 comments:

Post a Comment